Is Slovakia really a good idea? Work with LEAF to enhance Slovak brain gain!
We want to make Slovakia great. Finally. True story. At least in the eyes Slovaks abroad, hence we offer a variety of ways for them to keep in touch with their country. The only problem? Not that many know about us yet, and that’s why we need you!
Slovak Professionals Abroad Program is looking for a communication star that will help us get our messages across.
Disclaimer: This job is ideal for someone who likes communication and marketing, but also does not mind helping us with some not so interesting admin work. In the long term, there will be room to explore other domains, particularly product design.
We desperately need someone to take care of:
- Creation of new content
- Social media accounts (FB, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Content on our website
- Communication with our participants and Slovak communities abroad
- Whatever that comes along, according to your talents and our needs
Information about the position
Compensation for the role is starting 1000 euro base, depending on the qualification and track record of final candidate.
Possible starting day
You don’t need to be a pro in communication. But if your heart beats faster when you are reading a text that flows effortlessly, yet cannot stop thinking about how to pimp it up, you might be the person we are looking for!
Further signs this could be a match
- you enjoy nurturing your social media presence and you have already taken care of social presence of a company/organization/project professionally (internships and volunteering count as well)
- you know Instagram filters by heart and you are not afraid to use them
- you know that on social media nothing is for free now and you have at least heard of boosting posts and PPC, ideally have tried it yourself
- you enjoy creating content, be it writing blogs, making videos etc. about topics that interest you and you have done it before (again, no need to be a pro)
- you like people (this is a must!), particularly university students
- you can put yourself in shoes of another person, be it a CEO or a random student, when trying to explain something to them
- you are creative and resourceful – we are an NGO after all – and you can prove it
- you are not afraid of admin work
- you are an optimist, borderline Don Quixote, and see Slovakia as a country with a lot of potential, rather than a blackhole
- you have a good eye for grammar mistakes in Slovak texts
- you speak fluent English and sarcasm
Bonus points for any of the following:
- you have managed an online community before (could be a FB alumni group, meetups, anything
- you have done basic graphic design (a banner, poster, invite…)
- you are interested in product design
- you have used the Wordpress backend
- you know some HTML
- you have a dog